Spiritual baths have the power to relax, calm, and get rid of most negative energies. Bath spells have existed since the earliest times as vehicles of purification of the body and mind. Salts, herbs and essential oils usually make up the ingredients that will provide healing properties during the ritual bath.
The energies of medicinal and aromatic plants have great therapeutic benefits in both the physical and spiritual level, promoting a perfect, healthy balance.
Benefits of Spiritual Baths
Taking a spiritual bath regularly can:
- Promote feelings of calm, warmth and relaxation.
- Prevent skin diseases, poor blood circulation and sleep issues.
- Restore inner peace and harmony with yourself and others.
- Reduce feelings of stress, mental blockages and anxiety.
- Increase spiritual awareness and self-love.
✼••┈┈┈┈┈┈┈••✼ 🛀 ✼••┈┈┈┈┈┈┈••✼
How to Take a Spiritual Cleansing Bath
1. Take a regular bath or shower
Before taking a cleansing bath, whether it’s for spiritual protection, love, money, or to get rid of negative energies, you should take a regular bath or shower with soap and water as you normally do. 💧
2. Boil water and add the herbs
Boil water in a large pot, about half a gallon should be enough. When it starts to boil, add the herbs in the water and let them sit for 10 or 15 minutes. (Find bath recipes below). Filter out the herbs before adding it to the bath water. 🌿
3. Light a white candle
Light a white candle in your bathroom as an offering it to your Higher Self or Guardian Angel, asking for their protection. 🔥 Meanwhile, fill the tub with warm water.
4. Pour the herbal water
Get in the tub. Take the herbal water and pour it all over your body, from the neck down, while gently rubbing and making your requests or prayers. 🙏
5. Relax and meditate
Ask the Universe that this water will cleanse you of all the things that are blocking you, and that it will help you attract the things that you want. Take as long as you need. 🛀
6. Let the air dry you
When you’re ready, get out of the tub and let the air dry your skin. If you prefer to use a towel, don’t scrub. Let the salts and oils permeate your skin and remain with you. ✨
Spiritual Bath Recipes
Use any of these free and simple bath spell recipes to create your own cleansing rituals at home. Click the images to go to each recipe.
This pre-spell cleansing bath can be done at any time and will set the perfect mood for any kind of spellwork, but particularly on those where we need to open a spiritual road, such as unblocking a path to success, money, love, or luck.
This powerful herbal bath will help those who are feeling tired, lacking confidence and strength, or even dealing with depression, anxiety, and spiritual blockages.
The purpose of a New Moon ritual bath is to cleanse yourself inside and out. Remove all negative energies and prepare physically, mentally and spiritually for the cycle that begins tonight. A ritual bath is a spell in and of itself.
Positive affirmation chant with Wiccan intentions for renewal, self-love, and spiritual acceptance. Take this Magical bath, let go and start anew.
Cleansing and healing spiritual bath with salt and essential oil for removing negative energies easily. Learn how to use spiritual bath salts with the power of a renewing bath spell chant.
This gentle and soothing bath ritual is suitable for even the most sensitive skin. Take this healing bath to ease aches and pains, and promote a restful night of sleep.
Take this relaxing bath to help attract your intentions. Attract love, luck and prosperity, make yourself more attractive and boost self-confidence.
Trying to bring true love into your life? Have you tried a spiritual cleansing bath? This love ritual is incredibly easy and will help you attract love faster than you imagine.
Take a cleansing bath and cast this candle spell with a chant to get the job you’re waiting for. A simple Wiccan ritual can boost your career with just Rosemary Magic and Confidence!
Make these beautiful bath salts filled with love and peace to enjoy in self-love baths or for thoughtful gifts for others.
Quick Bath Recipe
- 2 cups epsom salt
- 1 cup baking soda
- 10 drops essential oil (pick an herb below)
Bath Rituals from the Spells8 Forum
A special Moon Bath Mix and cleansing ritual to forgive and release during the full moon.
Simple yet delightful, try these blends! A few easy ways to to craft a classy, witchy, spiritual bath!
Bath Herbs & their Properties
These herbs and their Magical properties come from The ‘Green Witch’ Video Course. Green Witchcraft is the discipline of tuning into the energies of Earth through herbs 🌿. Click the links below to watch the video lessons and learn more.
- Aloe Vera: Protection, Skin Care
- Basil: Love, Luck & Antibacterial Properties
- Bay Leaf: Protection, Success, Digestion & Healing
- Cinnamon: Purification, Love, Antioxidant & Brain Health
- Cloves: Protection, Friendship, Antioxidant & Bone Health
- Lavender: Purification, Meditation, Calm Anxiety & Pain Relief
- Mugwort: Cleansing, Divination & Pain Relief
- Rosemary: Purification, Dreams, Hair Growth & Digestion
- Palo Santo: Cleansing, Creativity & Preventing Flu
- Rue: Protection, Positive Energy, Eye Strength & Bug Repellent
- Sage: Protection, Healing Grief, Oral Health & Lower Cholesterol
- St. John’s Wort: Drive Away Evil, Antidepressant
- Thyme: Strength, Money, Acne & Heart Health
✼••┈┈┈┈┈┈┈••✼ 🛀 ✼••┈┈┈┈┈┈┈••✼
When to take a Spiritual Bath
Take a bath if you are feeling disconnected from your spiritual self, or if you have been sad, depressed, having conflicts in your environment. Take a bath also if you are feeling any symptoms of a lack of balance, such as:
- Frequent headaches.
- Feeling blank or emptiness.
- Ringing in the ear.
- Lacking energy.
- Bad dreams.
- Shivers in the body.
More Spiritual Cleansing Rituals
Keep browsing Spells8 to find video recipes and printable pages for your Book of Shadows.
“New Moon sweetly rises, I see all constellations. A time of new beginnings, a time of restoration.”
Print and chant along this Wiccan prayer in the New Moon.
“For without you mortals hold no banquet, where one does not duly pour sweet wine in offering to Hestia both first and last. Come now into this house, come.”
Cleanse and consecrate your Magic tools for their use in spellworks. Follow along this step-by-step ritual on the Virtual Altar.
Spiritually cleanse and purify your body as you drink a cup of tea. Add this guided meditation to your Tea drinking routine. Find more Tea Meditations on the Witches’ Homework page.
Bath Safety Warnings
These are some details that should be observed before taking any cleansing bath:
- Always make sure that you are not allergic to the ingredients of your bath. If you are using essential oils, rub a drop of the oil on your skin and check for allergic reactions.
- Baths usually do not interfere with medical treatments nor do they replace them. If you have severe symptoms or might have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor.
- Use fresh ingredients for each bath. Do not reuse materials that you’ve already used in another bath.