Burning candles and incense 🔥 to invoke protection is a very ancient spiritual practice that can prevent evil and curses, as well as remove negative energies from around. It is common in many parts of the world, including the Americas, Europe and the Middle East to burn Sage, Frankincense or Palo santo with the aim of dissipating old energies and opening the door for renewal and change.
This spell is best cast on a Saturday. You can also do this sage cleanse at your workplace or someone else’s home (with their permission), and especially if you are moving into a new place and want to get rid of bad spirits.
‘Shaman Blessing’: An Easy Protection Spell with SageDifficulty: Easy
This simple ritual for protection works wonders for clearing negative spiritual entities. If you are feeling bad energies at home after an odd event or unexpected visit, try this easy Wiccan protection spell.
2 black candles
1 sage stick (or a palo santo stick)
1 white carnation
Your cauldron or an ashtray
How to cast the spell
- Sit on the floor (or on a cushion) near the main entrance to your home.
- Light a black candle to your right side and another one to your left. Light the sage and place it in a cauldron or ashtray in front of you.
- Watch the smoke rise and spread throughout the room. Hold the carnation in your hands and visualize how the smoke cleanses your life and your home of all negativity.
- Picture a white light coming from the carnation and wrapping your whole body. Imagine how it slowly grows and fills the space around you. Focus on feeling safe, healthy and free from damage. Meditate on this as long as you want and then say:
- When you are ready, open the front door of your house.
- Let the smoke out, and with it, all the negativity will flow away.
- Leave the carnation outside, by the door. Put the candles in a safe place and let them burn completely.
- Do not cleanse with smoke near young children or pets.
- 🖨️ Scroll down to find a printable version of this spell recipe.