Cleansing and purifying baths are typically used to rid the bather of negative influences and evil spirits. Although it’s not always necessary, it’s a good idea to perform a ritual bath before casting spells, especially if you are not feeling 100% present or in a clear state of mind.
This pre-spell cleansing bath can be done at any time and will set the perfect mood for any kind of spellwork, but particularly on those where we need to open a spiritual road, such as unblocking a path to success, money, love, or luck. 💫
Watch more spellcasting videos. Follow Spells8 on Youtube
Why this Spell Works
- Spiritual baths can offer an extra layer of protection when we feel weak or vulnerable. Cleansing baths are ideal to strengthen our spiritual defense barriers.
- Bay leaves have been used for centuries to promote protection and success in Magical workings. Watch a video lesson on the Green Uses of Bay leaves.
- Rosemary is a purifying agent that will remove negativity and toxins from your skin. Learn more about Rosemary in Green Witchcraft.
- Rue is a sacred cleansing herb that has been used for banishing and warding. The Magical properties of rue can keep diseases and other negative influences away.
▶️ ‘Cleanse & Protect’: A Pre-Spell Spiritual BathDifficulty: Easy
Take this bath to remove negative energies cleansing your body and spirit. This Wiccan cleansing and protection ritual uses the right herbs and a white candle to prepare you for any Magical working.
1 white candle (optional)
How to take the bath
- Add 1 teaspoon of each dried herb (use more if fresh) to a pot of water.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a regular bath or shower so you are physically clean.
- Light a candle if you wish and prepare the bath tub in any way you want. You can add some relaxing music, for example.
- Filter out the herbs and then pour the spiritual bath water over yourself using a cup or scoop. Start from your head and work your way down.
- Relax and clear your mind during this time you have created just for yourself.
- When you are done, it’s best to air dry rather than towel dry.
- 🖨️ Scroll down to find a printable Magic recipe.
You are now ready to safely and confidently perform any kind of spellcasting work.
Tap to Pin it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use this spiritual bath to remove a curse?
This bath spell recipe is good for a quick spiritual cleanse, such as the protection needed before casting a spell or as a weekly sacred bath. If you need to remove a curse, you’re probably looking for an uncrossing bath recipe. Start with this Aura Cleansing bath and wait to see results.
What is the best moon phase for a spiritual bath?
Spiritual baths for protection can be performed during any lunar phase but a 🌕 full moon bath spell is always a great way to channel and amplify the spiritually cleansing energies of the moon.
Can I use this recipe for a chakra cleansing bath?
For a great chakra cleansing bath recipe, depending on what chakra you want to work, take this bath along with a chakra healing guided meditation. To find guided meditations click here: Candle Meditations. Each colored candle can help you align and balance a specific chakra, for example a blue candle will release any throat chakra blockages, while a red candle will work on the root chakra. Following a guided meditation can make the healing process much easier.
Print this Spell 📄
This PDF version comes with a transparent background so you can print it on any kind of paper you want and add it to your own Book of Shadows. Log in to download it or find free printable grimoire pages.
Sign in to spells8 and become part of a new and exciting experience
Discover your Wiccan path