There’s a Waning Moon tonight! What ritual should I do? Cast a spell? Meditate? Is it a gibbous moon? Or a crescent moon?! So many questions!
For a quick way out of this mess, visit Tonight’s Moon Spell Generator, it will show you a simple ritual AND a guided meditation based on today’s lunar phase, moon transit, and day of the week!
Or keep scrolling down and you’ll find a collection of spells for the waning moon, including an easy spell that you can cast right now.
In this article, you’ll find:
- Waning Moon Magic!
- Energy of a Waning Moon · . * ✦
- Banishing Spells
- Protection Spells in the Waning Moon
- Cleansing Rituals
- Let Go and Forget Spells
- Meditations for the Waning Moon
Waning Moon Magic! ✨
First of all, you need to learn everything about Lunar Magic and what each moon phase represents. The basics are:
- There are 8 lunar phases and we can group them into 4 stages: New Moon, Waxing Moon, Full Moon, and Waning Moon.
- Waning is the stage when the moon is going from Full to New, so it is decreasing in visibility. It starts as Gibbous 🌖 (mostly full) and ends when it’s Crescent 🌘 (almost invisible).
- The in-between stage when you can see a half moon is called Last Quarter 🌗
Quick Banishing Ritual in the Waning Moon
To grasp the energy of the Waning Moon, we can do this very simple ritual and let go of any negative situation. This spell can be cast under a Waning Gibbous, Crescent or Last Quarter Moon because these three lunar phases share one common quality: Removal.
You will need:
- Pen and paper
- 1 white tealight candle
- Write on the paper what is currently bothering or what you want to remove from your life. It could be a bad habit, a symptom, a person, a situation, or an emotion.
- Light a white candle in a safe place (always practice candle safety) and read aloud what you have written.
- Leave the paper next to the candle. Meditate and once the candle has extinguished, break the paper into pieces and toss it in the trash with the remains of your candle.
If you’re new to meditation, follow any of the Guided Meditations on this site. Scroll down to find a selection of meditations and rituals for the Waning Moon.
This Free Printable will help you keep track of the Moon phases! Enter your email to download this 2-page PDF
Energy of a Waning Moon · . * ✦🌖
What does a waning moon symbolize? This lunar phase is ideal for works of removal and banishing spells. It symbolizes the closing of a cycle which will eventually give start to a new one. It’s a perfect moment to get rid of everything harmful and all that hurts.
What to do in the Waning Moon?
- Get rid of toxic behaviors and substances, such as parasites and other poisons from the body. Start any cleansing diets or detox processes today.
- Getting a haircut during this time will make it grow more slowly but with thicker and stronger roots.
- Yard work! It’s an excellent time to plant and trim fruit trees, sow vegetables, remove weeds, and fight parasites and pests.
- When it comes to emotional affairs, the waning moon can help ending an intense or long-term relationship as well as a business partnership or toxic friendships.
Meditate or cast a spell to harness the energies of a Waning Moon with the following spiritual exercises:
The best waning moon spells are banishing rituals of any kind. To banish means to ward off or send away. This lunar phase works well with works of closure and cutting cords. These spells will match that intention:
▶️ This Wiccan spell is great to get rid of someone without causing them harm. We will prepare a Witch bottle using a glass jar and some Kitchen Magic.
▶️ An Essential Video Spell to Banish and get rid of energies that can tie us down. Usually for a relationship’s end but can be modified to fit other needs.
▶️ This Wiccan spell is not for revenge but for Karmic retribution: Return the harm to its original sender safely with a bit of Kitchen Magic.
Protection Spells in the Waning Moon
Every time we banish something, it’s important to fill that void with a positive thing. Use these rituals to invoke protective energies and substitute bad luck or negativity with love, prosperity, and light.
▶️ A simple way to cast a sacred circle and invite the protective power of the Four Elemental Energies (Calling the Quarters).
▶️ This simple candle ritual will protect a pet from theft or so that they don’t get lost or sick, giving them a long life, positive energy and joy.
▶️ A double-intention good luck spell: First, remove all bad luck and then focus on drawing positive energies that will bring new opportunities.
▶️ Gentle as a cat, wild as a Lion. We are protected by the powers of our Cat Goddess. Follow this guided Egyptian invocation.
The waning moon in its entire duration is the best time for cleansing rituals, both personal and for the home. Declutter your altar, clean your sacred space, or bless your workplace with one of these easy spells:
▶️ A renewal spell to remove all unwanted energies while getting physically clean too! Watch this video spell.
Chant a prayer to protect family and home with this easy Wiccan spell. Bless a new home or invite protection and blessings to your house with green Magic.
Lingering energies can feel heavy, especially after the recent Full Moon. Renew the vibrations with a spiritual detox.
▶️ The help of Hestia is invoked when in need of her blessing to cleanse the home and banish negative energies.
Let Go and Forget Spells
Tonight’s waning moon can be a good time to cast a spell to forget an ex or give end to a relationship that isn’t working. Look at the moon, meditate, and see how these spells resonate with you.
▶️ If you feel that it’s time to move on, casting a spell can be the first step to a fresh start. A Wiccan ritual for letting go once and for all.
A simple ritual to get over someone can be what you need right now to find the courage to move on. Very easy spell with a few ingredients.
▶️ Honor a loved one who has passed away. Whether it’s a family member, a friend or a pet, say goodbye with a chant or prayer.
Meditations for the Waning Moon
You probably understand the importance of meditation by now. These Guided Beginner Sessions can help you get started with your daily practice!
🎧 Grounding is usually the first step to touching base with Nature, releasing energy back into the Eternal Flow. An easy guided meditation.
▶️ Bring swift justice to those who treat you unfairly. Chant along to a short video devotional or meditate to an audio guided prayer.
▶️ Align your meditation to the current zodiac lunar transit. Updates automatically with every lunar phase.
▶️ Visit Today’s Daily Devotional and tune in to the energy of each day. Add some Magic to your routine!
Tap to Pin it!
More Lunar Spells
Just like we’ve learned the spiritual meaning of the Waning Moon, read about the other lunar phases with spells and ritual ideas.