Breaking a curse is one of the skills of a seasoned Witch. Most modern Witches use their Magic for good purposes, not to harm others. If you fear that you may be cursed or suffering from a psychic attack, follow these instructions. You may also use this guide to help others. Find a printable summary below↓
A curse can manifest itself through various symptoms, including: nightmares, medical problems, legal problems, insomnia, loss of energy, relationship problems, inability to focus, or things going missing.
There are many methods to curse someone ranging from powders to candle spells and dolls. While we don’t encourage anyone doing that, as it is contrary to the Wiccan Rede, it’s good to know how to deal with them.
Cursing or “hexing” means directing negative energy at a person. And it is even possible to feel this negative energy surrounding you even if a specific person has not cursed you. In other words, our own negative attitudes and behaviors can be the cause of the curse (i.e. you can curse yourself).
How to Remove a Curse with Salt
Being cursed, or having a host of negativity near you can affect your daily life and it’s advisable to address it as soon as possible.
There are many ways that you can get rid of a curse. Here are a few basic ways to remove a jinx using salt. Salt is an ingredient valued since time immemorial whose cleansing power in rituals has been used by many cultures around the world. Read also: Spells with Salt
Spiritual Bath with Salt 🛀
Spiritual baths are one of the best ways to remove negative energy either from a psychic attack or a cloud of negativity energy. For this purpose, Epsom salt is the most commonly used type of salt. It has been used for hundreds of years as a healing agent and pain reliever. You can also use sea salt for this protection ritual.
- Begin by taking a shower to remove all the dirt, grime, and sweat.
- Fill a tub or a basin full of warm water.
- Add 2 cups of salt to the water and swirl it around.
- Add 10 drops of rosemary essential oil (or 4 tablespoons of dried rosemary). You can also add 2 tea bags of chamomile tea.
As you sit in the water, visualize the negative energy lifting away from your body and returning into the earth. See the curse break and all of the effects being removed. Optionally, follow a cleansing guided meditation such as this Chamomile Tea Cleansing Meditation.
When you’re ready, release the water and allow it to flow down the drain. Keep a little bit of salt to throw over your left shoulder. Instead of toweling off, allow your body to air dry. If the curse is particularly strong, repeat the water purification bath 3 days in a row.
✦ ✦ ✦
Citrus Aura Cleanse 🍋
Lemons’ Magical properties bring joy, happiness, and they are a wonderful cleansing agent. Lemons are full of solar energy ☀️ and can be used for removing a curse. The best part about using lemon to break a curse is that you will know when it’s truly gone. Try this spell on a Sunday. Here’s how to remove a curse with salt and lemon:
- Cut a fresh whole lemon in half.
- Sprinkle each half with a generous amount of sea salt.
- Take one half of the lemon and slowly move it over your body. You don’t have to touch your skin with the lemon. Hold it an inch away and visualize the lemon pulling out the negative energy. Use both halves of the lemon if needed.
- Once you have covered your entire energy field, place the lemon on a surface such as your altar.
- Over the next few days, if you notice the lemon getting moldy, the curse was not removed, and you should repeat the process with a fresh lemon. If the lemon dries out, then the curse was successfully removed. Sprinkle some salt on top and take it out with the trash or compost.
✦ ✦ ✦
Protective Salt Barrier 🧂
If you need to remove a curse from your home, business or workplace, you can create a salt barrier of protection. Before you begin, look around the house for any suspicious jars, powders or ritual elements that might be triggering the curse. If you find one, sprinkle salt on top and discard it fast to remove the curse.
- Open all your windows and doors.
- Sweep the floors clean and thoroughly vacuum.
- Mop the floors inside with a mix of water and salt. If you cannot mop the floors, pour a ring of salt outside along the perimeter of the house or business and bless it with your intention.
Read also: Why Pour Salt Around the House?
✦ ✦ ✦
Removing a Curse with a Smoke Cleanse
The best way to cleanse a tool or a sacred space is through incense, and a curse is no different. Break a curse or send away evil energy by smoking it out.
Burn sage, mugwort, or cinnamon in a fireproof dish. Make sure to open doors and windows if done inside. If you are the target of the curse, pass the smoke all over your body. The negative energy will stick to the smoke and be carried off into the air.
There are many chants and blessing prayers you can use, for example:
- Spring Cleansing Chant
- Blessed Be Daily Prayer
- Wiccan Home Blessing Prayer
- Pure Light: House & Spirit Cleansing Spell
Consider also using the smoke to remove any negative energy from your home as well.
While smoking out a curse, carry a dish of salt in one hand so that the curse can be absorbed into the salt if needed. Sometimes the smoke doesn’t fully dissipate the hex and the bowl of salt will help to remove any lasting vestiges of the curse. Visualize the curse leaving your body and entering the salt as the light enters and cleanses you.
✦ ✦ ✦
Summary: How to Remove a Curse
This PDF version comes with a transparent background so you can print it on any kind of paper you want and add it to your own Book of Shadows. You need to Log in to download it. Find more printable grimoire pages and more Moon Journaling Ideas
Other Salt Rituals
If you need to bless an amulet or another object, follow this blessing ritual. Here’s a list of spells that use salt as their main ingredient:
Keep in mind that not every period of bad luck in our lives should be attributed to a curse or a hex. Remember that, even if you don’t have any salt at home, a change in attitude and a more positive mindset can go a long way!
Sign in to Spells8 and become part of a new and exciting experience
Discover your Wiccan path