Sometimes we all need a little extra luck in our lives! Whether it’s finding a little extra cash in your pocket to improve your finances, a confidence boost before an important meeting, or just a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.
If you need some inspiration for your good luck rituals at home, here are a few ways that you can create a little bit of extra good luck for yourself when you need it the most.
Spell jars are an easy way to manifest your desired effect with few ingredients. Besides, they just look great sitting out on a shelf! Luckily, you can create this good fortune spell jar using mostly items that may already be in your pantry.
Why this Spell Works:
- Mustard seed (grants good luck, protection, endurance, and mental prowess.)
- Cinnamon (increases chances of success, enhances good fortune, protects and brings power and prosperity to its bearer.)
- Lilac flowers (bring blessings of divine spiritual aid.)
- Green aventurine chips (Green aventurine brings the confidence and happiness required to reach out into the world and seek out new beginnings. It eases the user into situations that would otherwise be difficult, like reaching out of your comfort zone. This can help in opening up new opportunities and easing the transition into successful new territories.)
You may also choose to include components that correspond with your personal goals to enhance your luck in those areas of your life – feel free to alter this spell and make it your own!
Spell Jar Tips:
When you add all the ingredients to the jar, you may choose to add them one by one or create a mixture of your ingredients in a separate bowl beforehand, speaking their intention as you add an item, then stirring the mixture together and adding it to your jar or vessel.
Some practitioners prefer to use candle magick on the jar to charge the intention: Set your candle on top of your jar (in a fire-safe location) and light it. Be sure to watch your candle as it burns, focusing on your intention during this time. (This is also just a good safety measure to practice!)
Once your candle has been extinguished, give the wax some time to cool before tying twine around the lid and sealing your intention.
Spell Jar Recipes:
A talisman is an enchanted object that grants power or protection to its bearer. If you have an object that you would like to imbue with good luck, well, you’re in luck! This is an incredibly easy ritual that anyone can perform. Follow these easy steps to create a good fortune charm out of anything that speaks to you!
This ritual includes the use of the Fehu rune. ᚫ Fehu is an Elder Futhark rune representing luck, wealth, prosperity, finances, and happiness. Fehu symbolizes new beginnings, and the fulfillment it brings is not only physical but deeply spiritual.
- An object to enchant. This can be a pendant, brooch, accessory, or whatever you have on hand! If you don’t have an object in mind, you can craft one first using a small piece of wood, either from a craft store or foraged from outside.
- A permanent marker
- Decide on the intention you’d like to imbue upon your object.
- Holding the object in your hands, focus deeply on your intention. Spend a few moments in meditation regarding your intent.
Feel free to envision what it would be like if good luck found its way to you. Imagine the most fortunate version of yourself. What sort of special circumstances would happen to you on your luckiest day? Take a moment to envision your fortune and thrive in this energetic state.
- With your marker, draw the Fehu rune on your object. As you do so, speak your intention:
“Fehu, rune of wealth and fortune, grant me prosperity and support me in all of my efforts. Help me to find new beginnings and protect me as I follow these new paths.”
Feel free to alter your intention as necessary, with respect to the true meaning behind the rune that you are representing.
- If you wish (and if your material allows), seal the rune with a clear coat and allow it to dry.
- You can keep this charm in a safe place, like atop your altar or under your pillowcase, store it in your car for added protection, or carry it with you when you need a little extra luck.
If you need good luck or help with something more specific, then this candle ritual can be customized to your intent and completed quickly and easily.
- Green candle (for prosperity, wealth, and good fortune. Can’t find a green candle? You can use birthday cake candles or substitute with a white candle instead!)
- Piece of paper and pencil
- Candle-holder and/or a fire-safe dish or bowl
- Place your candle in your candle-holder over a fire-safe surface. (It may be best to have some water on hand too, just in case.)
- Write your intention on your piece of paper. This may be as simple as “I invite good fortune, prosperity, and new beginnings into my life” or as specific as “I will be flawless while performing in the competition tomorrow.” Feel free to be as specific as you need.
- Light your candle and gaze deeply into the flame, concentrating on your intention as you do so. If it helps, imagine yourself succeeding in your intended task and what it looks and feels like at that very moment. Allow the energy to overtake you and embody the confidence that you feel in your mind’s eye.
- Once you’ve finished focusing your intent, take your piece of paper and carefully burn it with the flame in your fire-safe bowl. As you do so, imagine your intention being released into the universe.
- Make sure the paper and your candle are properly extinguished and good luck to you in all that you do.
Good Luck Spells
You are a magnet for good luck and goodwill! Now you’ll have a sigil to match your intention. Craft this simple good luck sigil with these step-by-step instructions.
This formula is used for good luck and fortune as an anointing oil, soap, in sachets, baths, and floor washes. Fast Luck is an all-purpose formula, intense yet of short duration.
These are some of the rituals and spells that will help you clear away all bad luck and promote an optimistic and positive lifestyle. You can use the one that you think is closest to your needs, or try them all and see which works best for you.