Despite the name, Florida Water 💧 is not a water-based potion! Most people use vodka to steep the herbs and flowers. Its strong magical properties have made it an essential ingredient in Hoodoo, Voodoo, Santeria, Wicca, and Witchcraft practices.
Why this Spell Works
- This Traditional Recipe has been used for hundreds of years, adopted by Southern practitioners of the Hoodoo and Voodoo traditions to cleanse the home and use in rituals. Originally named as the American version of Eau de Cologne in the 1800’s. 🧐
- The Herbs listed here each have their own magical properties which, combined with your intention, will aid in cleansing and protecting from negative energies.
How to make Florida Water: Traditional Recipe and Uses.
Florida Water has many uses – it can be used to cleanse yourself, your home, your tools and crystals. It can be added to bath water, used to anoint candles and as a spell ingredient.
- Gather your herbs, give thanks to them for their use.
- Add the vodka to it and store in a glass jar at room temperature.
- Allow the herbs to infuse for 14 days. You can place the jar outside/in a window to infuse with either a full or new moon.
- Use a paper towel or cheese cloth to strain out the liquid from the herbs into a clean, preferably glass container. Cover the lid tightly and store until needed.
- 🖨️Scroll down to find a printable version of this spell
Make your own Florida Water Brew!
Choose at least two items from each group: While selecting the materials to use, allow your intentions to guide you.
3 parts Rose Petals (fresh)
3 parts Jasmine (dried or fresh)
3 parts Lavender (dried)
2 parts Lemon Peel
2 parts Orange Peel
2 parts Lime Peel
Put 16oz (2 Cups) Vodka on a low heat. Add the dry ingredients and allow them to simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer on low for an additional 40 minutes.
Make it with Essential Oils!
- 16 oz of Vodka
- 3-5 tablespoons of Rosewater
- 10 drops each of Lemon and Orange essential oils
- 8 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 5 drops each of Bergamot, Cinnamon and Clove essential oils
- Fresh rose petals & Rosemary (optional)
Add any of these crystals for an extra powerful boost:
Florida Water Diffuser Blend
This is said to help aid in headaches. Let the purifying scent of Florida Water fill your home with this sweet, warm, and uplifting diffuser blend. Do not add vodka to your diffuser!
- 4 drops Orange
- 3 drops Lemon
- 2 drops Cinnamon
- 1 drop each of Lavender, Rosemary and Bergamot
This PDF version comes with a transparent background so you can print it on any kind of paper you want and add it to your own Book of Shadows. Log in to download it or find free printable grimoire pages.
Sign in to Spells8 and become part of a new and exciting experience