Road opener rituals are great for finding the way out of a stagnant situation and moving forward in life. If you are feeling stuck or having a hard time with a specific problem 🔗, this simple spell might help you find the right course of action.
This is a road opening ritual inspired by Mexican bruja Yeel Maló, who works with the ray of Archangel Gabriel, the celestial messenger. The spell recipe on this page has been modified to invoke the Universal Elements instead.
How this Spell Works
- Also known as “Abrecaminos“, a road opener prayer is similar to an uncrossing or block buster in Hoodoo or American rootwork. It directs the intention toward untangling, removing obstacles. This easy candle burning ritual will clear your thoughts toward finding the solution to any problem.
- While you can find “road opener” oils and candles in many stores, this type of ritual can be done at home with only kitchen ingredients.
- We will work with each of the 4 Elementals for a Wiccan ritual.
‣ A bowl of water will symbolize the Water Element 💧
‣ A crystal or gemstone for the Earth💎
‣ An incense stick for the Air ☁️
‣ And a candle for Fire 🔥
What incense should I use? Pick an aroma that matches your intention. You can browse the Green Witch course to learn about the properties of different herbs. Cinnamon is a great option because of its warm, comforting smell that sanctifies the ritual area.
If you don’t have a crystal or gemstone for this spell, use a bowl filled with kitchen salt instead.
Road Opener Wiccan Candle Ritual
An easy road opener spell with a candle and a Wiccan prayer. Invoke the 4 elementals to clear and unlock solutions to your problems.
What you’ll need
Bowl of water (regular drinking water)
1 incense stick
1 crystal or gemstone (pick one according to the day)
1 white candle
How to do a road opener spell
- Arrange your items on the altar. Each element will face one of the four directions: Water faces West. Air faces East. Earth faces North. Fire faces South.
- Light the incense. The Air element is entering your ritual.
- Rub your hands for a few seconds until you can feel a warm energy, visualize a ball of energy and hold your crystal, you are invoking the Earth element.
- Light the candle to call upon the presence of the Fire element.
- Gently dip a finger in the water to feel the company of the Water element. Water represents a state of flow, a mirror that can open the door to a new reality. This transforming energy will clear all blockages.
- Chant the following road opener prayer:
- Visualize an empty road. Meditate for a few minutes as you see yourself moving forward.
- Let the candle burn completely and always practice candle safety. If you need to leave the room, put out the candle and continue burning it later.
- Once the candle is burned, toss all remains away while saying Thank you. Keep the crystal close to you. If you need to invoke the power of this spell, rub your hands and hold it in your hands again.
- 🖨️ Find a printable version of this spell below.
- Download and print Elemental Invocations here
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best Moon phase for a road opener spell?
The New Moon or Waxing Crescent Moon phases are perfect for casting a road opener spell because they symbolize new beginnings. The start of a lunar cycle is ideal for spiritual works of renewal and fresh starts.
What day to do a road opener spell?
Any day of the week will work, but you can choose a specific day according to your intentions: If you’re working on a road opener for love, it’s best to do it on a Friday. If this is a job finding ritual, Sunday or Monday are your best options. For a great road opener spell for money, cast it on a Thursday instead.
What is “Abre Camino”?
Abre camino translates literally from Spanish as “Road opener”. It’s both the name of a practice in Santeria and Palo religions, and the common name for a plant. 🌱 Known as Common Boneset in English, Eupatorium villosum is native to the Caribbean and can be found mainly in Puerto Rico and Cuba.
Abre camino rituals don’t necessarily use the abrecamino plant, and sometimes use various other plants and ingredients.
When to do road opener spell?
Cast a road opener spell if you are feeling stuck in your current situation. For example, there are students who are in school and can’t advance or aren’t getting good enough grades. We say their paths are blocked. With a road opener ritual these paths will be cleared once and for all. Their mind will be clear and they will understand what they need to do in order to graduate or improve their grades.
If you are trying to buy or sell a house and feel that you’re stuck or can’t move forward with all the paperwork, this ritual is also very helpful. If you’re going through a court case or immigration procedure and feel that your case is not going anywhere or they’re not giving you any answers, this ritual will help you.
What does a road opener spell do?
Road opener rituals help remove anything that prevents you from moving forward. They offer a safe attempt to eliminate obstacles or barriers in a similar way to an Uncrossing Ritual. A road opener or unblocking ritual will help you change a circumstance that is adverse. We do with by placing the energy where it needs to be (the solution) and taking it away from where we don’t want it (the problem).
Many of these rituals include prayers to Catholic saints such as the road opener to St Cyprian or St Cajetan (San Cayetano). There are also novenas, long candle burning rituals and offerings for the opening of roads.
How to make this ritual more effective?
Take a cleansing bath before you begin. Use road opener herbs such as cinnamon, basil or lemon. Dress your candle with an essential oil that matches your intention.
Focus on the necessary opening for your situation. Many times we wish to open a door that we don’t really need to open. When you make a petition or wish, you can say: “I am receiving __________ and if this is not what I require, let the Universe show me what will bring me growth.”
Have faith. Everything that is done with great faith is ultimately achieved. Use the mental and spiritual energy that you naturally have. Whenever you are going to do cast a spell, put all your energy into it.
Tap to Pin it
📄 Print this Spell Recipe
This PDF version comes with a transparent background so you can print it on any kind of paper you want and add it to your own Book of Shadows. Log in to download it or find free printable grimoire pages.
Sign in to spells8 and become part of a new and exciting experience