This is a money ritual that should be done over the course of nine days, inspired by the traditional Catholic “novenas”, a type of candle ritual practiced around the world – including Africa, Latin America and the Philippines – which is believed to have its origins in an early Greek and Roman tradition.
It can be done at any time of the day, although it should be done with faith and determination every day at the same time for a total of 9 days.
Why this Spell Works
- In this spell, the green candle represents the money and wealth you want to attract to your life, and the white candle represents you. Click here to learn more about Candle Magic.
- This spell also includes a traditional Wiccan chant for money known as “Money come to me”. Consider this ritual an amalgamation of Magical traditions, perfect for Eclectic Wiccans.
Feel free to modify the chant, replace it with a money prayer of your own tradition, or make any changes you want before adding it to your own book of shadows.
9-Day Money-Drawing (“Novena”) SpellDifficulty: Easy
“Money Come to Me” traditional Novena spell. Do this candle ritual for 9 days in a row while chanting this prayer to attract abundance and good fortune.
1 green candle
1 white candle
Essential oil (such as patchouli, bergamot, cinnamon, myrrh, sandalwood or ginger)
How to cast the spell
- The first step is to anoint the candles with the oil, which is known as “dressing the candle”. Click here to learn how it’s done.
- As you do this, try to visualize and focus on what your goal is. If you need a specific sum of money, visualize that money or picture how that money gets to you. Be creative but realistic.
- Place both candles on your altar, about 9 inches apart from each other. Light them as you say the following chant:
- Say it once, then snuff off the flame with a spoon or a wet finger.
- Cast this spell a total of 9 days in a row; and each day that passes, before chanting the prayer, move the green candle 1 inch closer to the white candle. Visualize the wealth or situation you are trying to attract during each step of the ritual.
- On the ninth day, when the candles are next to each other, your spell will be complete. Let the candles burn out completely.
- Do not leave candles burning unattended. For your safety, be on the same room while they are lit. Always practice candle safety.
- 🖨️ Find a printable spell recipe below.