This anointing oil can be used for dressing candles (as used in the following ritual), blessing your home 🏠, yourself and any tools or objects you’d like to anoint with its power!
Why this Spell Works
- Anointing oils aid us with a symbolic aspect, which enhances the desired results of our spell work. Anointing oils and their use in magic date back for centuries! Many religions use anointing oils for various reasons. They can be used for blessings, healing, spiritual work and more.
- The Herbs listed here each have their own magical properties which, combined with your intentions, will aid in blessing and protecting.
- White candles are used for healing and protection spells.
Home Blessing Oil: Recipe and Ritual
Blessing oil recipe and a home blessing ritual. Use all these herbs or just the ones you have on hand. Mix and match, it’s up to you!
- To make the Oil
Clean glass jar or bottle
Carrier Oil e.g. Olive or Grapeseed
- Herbs (and their relevant qualities)
Lavender – Good Luck, Love, Protection, Happiness, Calm
Sage – Healing, Tranquility, Purification, Wisdom, Protection
Rosemary – Protection, Peace, Beauty
Thyme – Health, Intuition, Prosperity
Marjoram – Protection, Love, Health, Happiness, Peaceful Home
Mugwort – Safe Journeys, Enhanced Psychic Abilities
Black Salt – Banishing, Protection, Cleansing, Purification
- For the Home Blessing Ritual
Clear Quartz Crystals – to amplify magical workings
Cauldron (or other fireproof dish)
- Herbs (and their relevant qualities)
Rose Petals – Love
Calendula – Protection
Crushed leftover herbs from Oil recipe
- Making the Blessing Oil
- Take your glass jar and cleanse it with Sage, Palo Santo or Florida water.
- Ask for the plant spirit blessing, for example:
“I ask that the plant spirit of Palo Santo please infuse this space with blessings.”
- Pick up the jar, fan it with smoke (or sprinkle it with Florida Water) as you say:
“With this smoke (water) I cleanse this object
of all negative and harmful energy
so that I may use it for my highest good.
So it is said, so it shall be.”
- Add all your herbs. Visualizing each one protecting your home and purifying it.
- Add the Olive oil or another carrier oil.
- Shake gently and thank the plant spirits for aiding you.
- Home Blessing Ritual
- Use the same herbs from the Blessing Oil recipe (all or mix and match them) and crush them down in a mortar and pestle.
- Anoint the white candle with your Blessing Oil.
- Roll the candle in the crushed herbs and place it in a candle holder in your cauldron or fireproof dish.
- Light Sage, Palo Santo or other cleansing incense and ask for the plant spirit blessing. For example:
“I ask that the plant spirit of Palo Santo please infuse this space with blessings” .
- Light your anointed, dressed white candle.
- Sit for a moment and visualize your home being safe and secure. Imagine it is filling with love and peace.
- When you are ready say:
“Bless this house, may peace dwell within,
Protect all that enter here whether friend or kin.
Bless every entryway, window and wall,
Bless each room, may serenity drift through it all.
Negative energy you may not stay,
I release you and send you on your way.
Negative energies I banish thee,
It is my word, so mote it be!”
- When you are done sprinkle your herbs and flowers in a circle around the candle and then place some clear quartz. Arrange them anyway you like. Let your intuition guide you. Let the candle burn all the way down on its own. Always practice fire safety! Never leave your candle unattended.
- When you are done with the chant and dressing your fireproof container, you can then place a dab of your Blessing Oil on each place in the home (doorways, windowsills, etc.) You can use the oil to draw a symbol or sigil if you desire.
- 🖨️Scroll down to find a printable version of this spell
This PDF version comes with a transparent background so you can print it on any kind of paper you want and add it to your own Book of Shadows. Log in to download it or find free printable grimoire pages and lunar worksheets.
Tap to Pin it!
Sign in to Spells8 and become part of a new and exciting experience