‘Uncrossing’ means getting rid of all unwanted and unneeded energies and attachments. 💫 If you believe you may be suffering from a hex-related illness or a run of misfortune, try an uncrossing ritual.
There are many different ways to do an uncrossing spell. Almost all cultures have a version of this ritual, which is mainly for removing negative energies. Keep reading and learn how to uncross yourself if you feel someone has cast a harmful spell against you.
How this Uncrossing Spell works
- Bay leaf 🍃 is a strongly protective herb with commanding aspects. In the Middle ages, bay leaves were used to protect people from the plague in various spells and charms. Learn more about Bay Leaf Magic.
- Cinnamon promotes healing and is used for opening roads and in purification rituals. More spells with Cinnamon.
- Two incense sticks ⚔️ are going to act as our uncrossing agent. Some practitioners prefer to use oils, but in this case we will cross two Frankincense sticks to symbolize the act of physically uncrossing all negative energies.
Learn how to do an uncrossing spell with incense, a white candle, and herbs: Bay leaf and Cinnamon.
1 handful of Bay leaves
2 Frankincense sticks
Cinnamon powder (or ground cinnamon)
1 white candle
Lighter or matches
- Start your ritual by visualizing a circle or simply take three deep breaths as you empty your mind.
- Light the white candle on your altar.
- Place the bay leaves on the dish.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon on top. As you do this, say:
- Cross the two sticks of incense on the dish and light them.
- Let the incense and the candles burn completely. Don’t let candles burn unattended!
- Always practice Candle Safety
- 🖨️ Scroll down to find a printable version of this spell.
All disturbances, hexes, negative influences and curses will now begin to disappear. If you’re dealing with a particularly strong energy, you can repeat this uncrossing ritual with new incense sticks and candles for 7 consecutive days.
Once you’re done, bury or throw away all the remains in the compost or trash as you say Thanks.
Related Spells 🔮
When is the best time to cast this spell?
The best day for banishing and dissolving energies is Tuesday. For protection spells, Saturday. Whichever day you choose, the best Lunar phase for an Uncrossing ritual is the Waning Moon, which occurs on the days after the Full Moon.
- Visit our Collection of Waning Moon Spells 🌖
How long does it take for the Uncrossing to work?
It depends on your specific case. I recommend you cast it once and wait at least one week to see results, but it may take up to 15 days. Many practitioners choose to supplement this type of spellwork with 7 consecutive days of spiritual baths or other devotional work.
What does it mean if the incense goes out?
Because of the incense sticks are arranged flat on the dish, they may go out before they finish burning. If this happens, simply relight the incense sticks until they are completely out or finish burning them on an incense holder.
For safety reasons, if you need to leave the room, put out the candle with a spoon and relight it when you have time to keep burning it.
What herbs are used in Uncrossing spells?
Besides Bay leaf, Frankincense and Cinnamon, Rue, John the Conqueror root, Chamomile, Black pepper, Cayenne pepper, Hyssop are all considered helpful when uncrossing and removing hexes and curses.
🌿 Learn to work with Magickal herbs: Green Witchcraft Video Course.
Print this Spell Recipe 📄
This PDF version comes with a transparent background so you can print it on any kind of paper you want and add it to your own Book of Shadows. Log in to download it or find free printable grimoire pages.
Extra Tips 💡
You may notice that the chant used in this spell is in the negative form. In other words, it talks about removing instead of attracting. If you’re a beginner, keep in mind that when we empty something out, it’s good to fill it back up with something else. This prevents what we got rid of from creeping back in.
Cast a protection spell, a spell for self-love, a good luck spell, or simply invite positive energies with a Pagan devotional or a Wiccan prayer. You can also Cast a Lunar Spell following a Lunar transit meditation to fill in the empty space.
Think of this uncrossing ritual as clearing the ground so that you can plant a seed. 🌱
Tap to Pin it!
Sign in to spells8 and become part of a new and exciting experience