June is the month of strawberries! 🍓 The days are long and the upcoming Midsummer celebration of Litha fills this time with heat and passion. Here’s an easy love spell for the Strawberry Moon.
The best day to cast this spell is Friday but you should cast it during any of the three nights when the Moon is Full in June.
How does this Spell Work?
- Strawberries are sacred to Freyja, the Norse goddess of love who gives name to Fridays.
- Three is a sacred number. Three strawberries are going to symbolize passion, love, and lust.
- Pink candles are used for romantic love. You may use a red candle for a more passionate, intense effect but pink candles are most effective for a long-lasting relationship.
Before you begin, make sure you set an intention for this ritual. It could be anything from renewing the love in your relationship, to falling in love with someone new, or simply improving your love life. 💘
When’s the next Strawberry Moon?
- Strawberry Moon 2021: June 26, 2021: Full Moon in Sagittarius.
- Strawberry Moon 2022: June 14, 2022: Full Moon in Sagittarius.
- Strawberry Moon 2023: June 4, 2023: Full Moon in Sagittarius.
- Strawberry Moon 2024: June 22, 2024: Full Moon in Capricorn.
- Strawberry Moon 2025: June 11, 2025: Full Moon in Sagittarius.
🖨️ Print a Lunar calendar here: Printable Lunar Calendar
What are the effects of the Strawberry Moon?
The power of this Full Moon can make things easier in terms of love. Take advantage of it, take your relationship to the next level or conquer the heart of the person that interests you. The Strawberry Moon of June anticipates festivals of Midsummer which can affect our power to receive love in profound ways.
Traditionally the midsummer celebration of Greece is called Klidonas meaning sign or oracle, and was considered a time when unmarried girls would discover their potential mates through a ritual.
Print this Spell Recipe 📄
This PDF version comes with a transparent background so you can print it on any kind of paper you want and add it to your own Book of Shadows. Log in to download it or find free printable grimoire pages.
Spiritual Meaning of Strawberries
The name originated with Algonquin tribes in eastern North America who knew it as a signal to gather the ripening fruit of wild strawberries – Source.
The strawberry was a symbol for Venus, the Goddess of Love, because of its heart shapes and red color.
Strawberries make an appearance in the center panel of Hieronymous Bosch’s Garden of Earthly Delights, likely symbolizing fleeting fleshly pleasure.
Legend has it that if you break a double strawberry in half and share it with a member of the opposite sex, you will fall in love with each other. 💕
Queen Anne Boleyn, the second wife of Henry VIII had a strawberry shaped birthmark on her neck, which some claimed proved she was a witch.
In parts of Bavaria, country folk still practice the annual rite each spring of tying small baskets of wild strawberries to the horns of their cattle as an offering to elves. They believe that the elves, who are passionately fond of strawberries, will help to produce healthy calves and abundance of milk in return – Source.
Have a Blessed Strawberry Moon!
Sign in to spells8 and become part of a new and exciting experience