This Full Moon Oil is a creative alternative to Moon Water. Use it to anoint candles, tools, amulets, your home or yourself! You can even add a splash to your bath to fill it with powerful Full Moon energy! 🌕
Why this Spell Works
- Anointing oils aid us with a symbolic aspect, which enhances the desired results of our spell work. Anointing oils and their use in magic date back for centuries! Many religions use anointing oils for various reasons. They can be used for blessings, healing, spiritual work and more.
- The Herbs listed here each have their own magical properties which, combined with your intentions, (and the energy of the Full Moon!🌕) will aid in attracting your desires.
Full Moon Oil
Use this oil to anoint candles, tools, amulets, your home or yourself. Add it to your bath to invoke the powerful energies of the Full Moon.
- Find a clean jar, bottle or small container that you like for its looks or for having a special meaning for you. It must have a lid that closes well and doesn’t leak.
- Light Sage, Palo Santo, Frankincense, Cinnamon or another purifying incense.
- Ask for the plant spirit blessing, for example:
“I ask that the plant spirit of Palo Santo please infuse this space with blessings.”
- Pick up the jar, fan it with smoke as you say:
“With this smoke I cleanse this object
of all negative and harmful energy
so that I may use it for my highest good.
So it is said, so it shall be.”
- Take each ingredient and empower it with your intent. Your intention/petition could be attracting more money to your life, healing a part of your body, fixing a relationship, or anything else where you want to focus this sacred energy.
- Add the olive oil or another carrier oil.
- Shake the ingredients together.
- As you are calling upon the spirits of these sacred plants to support these magical workings, use them wisely, with respect and be sure to thank them for their aid!
“Thank you plant spirit for your blessings.”
- Put the jar in a place where it will be lit by the moonlight, preferably outside, but it could be near a window inside your home. It doesn’t matter if it’s cloudy outside, since moonlight, just like sunlight, can pierce through the clouds easily.
- You don’t need to leave the jar outside all night. A few hours is enough, but make sure to collect it before dawn, before the sunlight touches it.
- 🖨️Scroll down to find a printable version of this spell
This PDF version comes with a transparent background so you can print it on any kind of paper you want and add it to your own Book of Shadows. Log in to download it or find free printable grimoire pages and more Moon Journaling Ideas.
Tap to Pin it!
Related Spells and Forum Topics
The moon brings out a lot in us just like it can give us a power boost. Some people hate the full moon for this reason! Do you feel different during the Full Moon? Join the discussion!
Try this beautiful Lunar Bath featuring a magical ‘Moon Bath Mix’ potion and Candle Magic.
An easy Full Moon Wish Spell and more great spells and inspiration to Work Out the Witch in You!
Esbats are celebrations commonly held on Full Moon nights (although not necessarily). An Esbat is an excellent opportunity to perform rituals, connect with Nature, and with other Witches.
Sign in to Spells8 and become part of a new and exciting experience
Discover your Wiccan path