The Beaver Moon gets its name from the Algonquin tribe of North America who set their last beaver traps at this time before the waters and swamps froze. ❄️ This is a simple ritual for the Beaver Moon that you can do as a Solitary Witch to honor this Esbat (Full Moon celebration).
Beaver Moon Meaning
November is the month of the beaver. Beavers are known for their hard work and by November, they have gathered enough food for the winter and built incredible lodges in which to live during the cold months. 🌲
November’s Full Beaver Moon is then associated with hard-work, family, home, teamwork, and achievements. This is an excellent time for taking casting a spell of self-discipline and success.
You can perform this ritual any of the three nights when the Beaver Moon is full in November 🌕, whether you’re a Beginner Witch or a seasoned Wiccan.
How this Spell Works
- The Beaver is a symbol of hard work, industriousness, and dedication. The spiritual energy of the Beaver Moon can be channeled to bring ideas to reality, to clean up clutter, and to overcome procrastination.
- Orange candles promote mental agility, energy, success, and endurance.
- Fire 🔥 is the element of willpower and strength. It can be enhanced by using fiery herbs such as: Basil, Cedarwood, Clove, Frankincense, Juniper, Lime, Nutmeg, Orange, Peppermint, Rosemary, Rose Geranium, Tangerine.
Full Beaver Moon Ritual & Spell
Full Beaver Moon Witches’ ritual with simple ingredients for November’s Esbat celebration.
1 orange candle
Fiery herbs or their essential oils
Pen and paper
Moon Journaling page (print it below)
Full Moon Oil (optional)
- Before the ritual, gather all the necessary items and place them on your altar. Print the Moon Journaling page below.
- Take a moment to center yourself: Feel your feet rooted into the earth. Raise your arms, look up, feel the power of the Full Moon. 🌕 Meditate or follow the guided meditation below. 🡣
- Dress the candle with a fiery essential oil from the list above. If you don’t have any essential oils, combine olive oil with any of the (dried) herbs.
- Light the candle and say:
- Follow the prompts on the Moon journaling page included below.
- Anoint the Moon sigil on the page with Full Moon oil and place it near a window. Let it be charged by the Moon overnight.
- Say “So mote it be” to close the ritual. Keep the journaling page in your Book of Mirrors.
- 🖨️ Scroll down to find printable pages for this spell
Guided Meditation for the Beaver Moon
Looking for a Lunar Eclipse Spell? Dark Moon Shadow Work 🌑
Spell + Moon Journaling Page 📄
These PDF files come with a transparent background so you can print them on any kind of paper you want and add it to your own Book of Shadows. Log in to download it or find free printable grimoire pages and more Moon Journaling Ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to dress a candle? 🕯️
- Hold the candle with one hand and wet your other hand’s index and middle fingers with the oil.
- Rub the oil all over the candle without touching the wick. You can start from the bottom and work your way up or start from the top and go down.
Note: There are as many opinions on this matter as there are Witches on earth. A common practice is to rub your fingers from the top down to attract something, or to rub them from the bottom up to banish or repel something.
- As you are rubbing the oil, visualize your wish and how it’s going to manifest. Spend a minute or two focusing on this.
Learn more: Candle Magic 101: Total Baby Witch Guide
What to do with the spell remains?
- Keep the oils in a dark-glass container until you need them for another spell or ritual.
- Safely burn the candle (i.e. don’t leave it burning unattended) until it’s totally extinguished. You can continue to burn it next to you on the days following the spellcasting.
- Throw wax and any other remains away in the waste or compost as you say “Thanks for your aid in my ritual”.
- Keep the pages or papers in your journal or Book of Mirrors
What’s the meaning of the Beaver Moon?
The power of this Full Moon can make your productivity and determination grow. Take advantage of it by being honest about what you want, and what you can do. The Beaver Moon helps to realign the thoughts and can help you become more focused and actionable in your goals.
Sign in to Spells8 and become part of a new and exciting experience
Discover your Wiccan path