Current Moon Phase
What you'll need
- 2 white candles
- Chalice with red wine (or use water instead)
- Athame or wand
- Book of Shadows (or any notepad)
- Pen or pencil
- Lighter or matches
- Bell (optional)
- Any other Magical tools that will be part of your journey as a Witch
Use the space bar to pause the video at any time.
This ritual can be done during any lunar phase, with the exception of the New Moon. We want to be bathed and blessed by the moonlight during this important ceremony: Your Wiccan initiation is a most intimate dedication to a philosophy, a way of life, and a sacred path.
⚠️ Tips for a Self-Dedication Wiccan Ritual
- Make sure there’s nobody home or lock the door so you won’t be interrupted.
- Do it in solitary and take it seriously.
- Meditate or go to sleep afterwards.
- If you haven’t already, start this course from the beginning: Day 1: New Moon, New Witch.
You can dedicate this ritual to one specific deity, element, or spirit. Simply place an image of your spirit guide on your altar near the candles. If you don’t have one, that’s fine. Not all Witches have patron deities. You can find one in our collection of pagan devotionals.