:magic_shield: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Guardians

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Intuition :exclamation:

After indulging in the world of intuition and psychic abilities, it’s time to look up - or look in, or around, or wherever your guides and guardians may be as They watch over you!

The theme for this week’s challenge is…

Guardian Protector Challenge

:shield: :sparkles: Magickal Guardians : A Witch’s Protectors :crossed_swords: :heart:

Who do you call upon for protection, guidance, and safety in your Craft?

From guardian angels to the guiding hand of patron deities, the reassurance of a spirit animal or guide, the blessing of ancestor spirits, and many more - there are a vast number of beings who offer protection to a witch.

What protective entities have you or do you currently work with in your Craft? If you don’t currently work with a spirit, angel, creature, or deity who helps you stay safe, is there one you are interested in?

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This week’s challenge is all about magickal guardians & protectors - how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

How-to-Talking-to-Spirit-Guides
From Spells8: How to Find and Meet Your Spirit Guide

STEP 1 : Divine & Spiritual Defense :shield:

This challenge is all about a witch’s protectors & guardians - but as always, how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

Still not sure where to begin? To help you get started, here are a few ways in which a witch might approach this challenge.

(Please make sure you are logged in to your Spells8 Account so you can access all of the resources shared here - thank you!)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Divine Defense :triple_moon_goddess:

Whether in a contract or agreement (for example, with a patron or fulltrui), active worship, or even a simple encounter with a deity, a witch may become protected by a higher being.

• Do you work with a deity who protects you?

• What are your favorite methods for calling upon a higher being with the hope of being protected? (such as a spell, prayer, or meditation, etc)

Intro-to-Deity-Worship
Intro to Deity Worship: Working with Gods and Goddesses

Witches-Prayer-Chant-to-Hecate-360x240
Chant to Hecate for Protection & Wisdom

Charge-of-the-Goddess-Wiccan-Prayer-360x240
Charge of the Goddess for Guidance and Protection

protective home deities
Home Deities: Protective Spirits of the Hearth

Related discussions and resources:

Guardian Angels :angel:

Guardian Angels are angelic entities who offer light, guidance, and protection to those in their care.

• Do you have a guardian angel?

• What are your favorite methods for calling upon/working with a guardian angel? (such as a spell, prayer, or meditation, etc)

Angel-Prayer-Spell-to-Get-a-Job-360x240
Guardian Angel: Prayer to Find a Job

Related discussion and resources:

Spirit Protectors :ghost:

There are many types of spirits and spiritual energy that may help to defend a witch - from spirit animals, to spirit guides, to the ghost spirits of ancestors, nature spirits (as well as objects for those with animistic beliefs) and more.

• Do you work with any spirit(s) who protect you?

• What are your favorite methods for calling upon spirits with the hope of being protected? (such as a spell, prayer, or meditation, etc)

Spirit-Guide-Signs-360x240
Signs From Your Spirits Guide: How to Find and Meet Them

Meditation-for-Connecting-with-Ancestors-360x240
How to Connect With Ancestors & Passed Loved Ones

Find Your Spirit Animal
Find Your Spirit Animal : Take the Quiz!

Bell-Spell-to-Summon-a-Spirit
Bell Spell to Summon a Spirit

Related discussions and resources:

… And More! :raised_hands:

The suggestions above are just a few ideas to help kickstart your creativity- if you feel called to explore magickal guardians in another way, you are welcome to do so!

As always, all witches are encouraged to embrace their own unique practice with how they explore the challenge theme :star2:

Owl-Bird-Omen
From Spells8: Owl: Guardian of Sacred Knowledge

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for a note about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

Click here to learn where to share your challenge entry

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new post in the forum (this is good for when you have a lot to share and/or would like to discuss aspects of your entry not related to the current theme)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, April 2 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)
2024-04-02T11:00:00Z

(Note that the time zone is ET- if you don’t see your time displayed above, you can use this time zone calculator to check for your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

From Spells8: Valkyrie Goddess Freyja

A warm reminder that the challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Pictures by @phoenix_dawn: Dragon protection spell jar

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Above, below, and all around,
Wherever you go They can be found
For They are with you night and day
To keep you safe through work and play
So when you need protection true
Look to Them, They’re here for you!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed Be! :magic_shield: :sparkles:

12 Likes

:thinking: hmmmm going to give this one a think and see what I come up with while I wait for a break in the heavy rain storm.

13 Likes

Ok, this is tricky, cuz Loki posed as my guardian angel for years, so can I include him? Need a think :thinking: :partying_face:

14 Likes

challenge entry
“Quiet is the night, Dark is the Moon
I ask Hecate, the Crone, to take Her throne.
Sleep, sister, sleep. Be not alarmed,
For the Great Goddess keeps you from harm.

Quiet is the night, Dark is the Moon
I ask Hecate, the Crone, to take Her throne.
Sleep, brother sleep. Be not alarmed,
For the Great Goddess Holds you in her arms.

Quiet is the night, Dark is the Moon.
We honor Hecate the Crone, Who has taken Her throne.
Hecate, Crone Goddess, Keep me whole.
Let thy wisdom fill my soul.”

read between the lines

this prayer offers me protection the invocation of Saturn Goddess Hekati :hekate_wheel: :hekate_wheel:

15 Likes

Challenge Entry

Lessons from the Reindeer

The Reindeer has always been an animal protector of the Sami.
The Sami believed a white reindeer created the world. To catch a white reindeer would bring one wealth, luck, and happiness.

One should call upon a reindeer power animal if one:
wants good luck and safety when traveling,
needs extra energy during a challenging time, or
needs more insight into a situation.

If one dreams of the reindeer, it is a symbol of loyalty. It could mean stick true to your path and ideals, or be loyal to family during adversity.

Some lessons to be learned from the reindeer include:
time is precious,
new experiences can enrich your life,
don’t dread adversity, plunge forward,
use your special intuition and foresight,
cherish close relationships,
be proud of who you are, where you come from, what you stand for
stay focused on your journey, and
stay clear of other people’s dramas.

To honor my spirit animal and my ancestors, I put an image of a white reindeer doe and calf on my altar, and I have made a new wand with a reindeer symbol inspired by Sami rock carvings.

13 Likes

Challenge Entry - Magickal Guardians

I suppose that’s the good thing about a rainy day, had to cancel some of my outside plans but that left me time to work on this. I’m not 100% done with everything yet but I decided to write a protection spell calling on Artemis, Hekate, and Selene, my triad.

In twilight’s whisper and under Luna’s light,
I call upon guardians, ancient and bright.
Artemis, mistress of the hunt, with bow so keen,
Hekate, keeper of the crossroads, in-between,
Selene, radiant moon, in silver’s light aglow,
Combine your strength, weave a protective flow.

With Artemis’ arrow, swift and true,
Guard me from harm, in all I pursue.
With Hekate’s keys, lock away ill will,
Seal every doorway, every dark chill.
With Selene’s grace, cloak me in your light,
Guide my steps through the day and the night.

From shadows that creep and whispers that lie,
From all who seek harm or ill fate to ply,
Wrap me in your celestial embrace, strong and sure,
Shield me from dangers, both known and obscure.

By Artemis’ crescent bow, by Hekate’s guiding torch,
By Selene’s luminous crown, protect from all scorches.
Triune guardians, I trust in your might,
As I speak this spell, ward off all blight.

So mote it be, as I will it to be right.

and I designed a sigil of protection by combining hand-drawn symbols from the three goddesses into one. I want to be able to carry it with me. I’m thinking about putting it in metal clay and attaching it to a bracelet.

For now, I’ll carry a paper copy. I plan to charge and activate it later today.
:bow_and_arrow: :old_key: :crescent_moon:

14 Likes

My entry:

Mother hecate protect me and my home
Open the door to the path of safety as you watch over me and my house
Give me the power to stay strong
This is me your son

So mote it be

Hecate always protected me since birth so have my family

12 Likes

This is going to be a harder than usual challenge for me. In my last coven, I shared some of this information and was promptly shamed and told never to do so again. Then the other members used the information against me.

I choose to face my fears.

Challenge Entry

For those of you who have read https://forum.spells8.com/t/unicorns-harvest-chapter-1-of-11/45272 only some of this will be repetitive. I wrote in detail of the rolling boulders and the cave of bugs. You’ve read about the lions, the tiger, the pirannah, and the black panther named Pink near the bridge which breaks under the weight of an unwary tread. I can’t remember if I included Mother Fox and sleeping in her den to the west of the bridge when I was overwhelmed.

I know I mentioned the crows off island, the guinea hen in the trees over the rose garden, and the dome which controls the lighting on the island. Did I mention the dome looks like a mirror on the outside?

The night before the Yule snow, each year, a pack of wolves run through. I used to think they brought the snow- or at least alerted the other animals the snow was coming.

A cougar named Johnny runs the perimeter. My great aunt Loretta gave me a raccoon named Rocky- he takes care of the other wild birds and smaller animals on the island, gathering them together for holidays and defensive occasions. Don’t let their size fool you- even the robins and squirrels defend our home. A pair of peacocks, Diana and her brother, defend the house and help keep it clean.

There are oysters keeping the island above water. In a defensive situation, the dome goes up and all the oysters close, sinking the island. The mirroring of the outside of the dome makes the whole island seem to disappear under the water.

The trees around the edge of the island have taken on a Halloween style, bent and crooked with faces and claws. Off island, there are more like that- a truly frightening Forest of the Death of the Lost.

With the murder of crows guarding the path to the bridge (think of the Hitchcock movie The Birds), it’s no wonder the postal delivery people won’t go anywhere near the weathered box at the end of the overgrown gravel lane in Uncle Jesse’s apple orchard. Either Heckle or Jeckle will land on the post box and watch you aproach. Speak politely, and the crows won’t bother you. Insread, either Heckle or Jeckle will come to me to let me know we have a visitor.

At the beaver dam to the west of Sunset peak, there is the giant turtle. Think of the Japanese monster that fought Godzilla. He lives in the caves at the base of Crystal Mountain and spends a lot of his days in the lake between the mountains. Also in the river in that area is an alligator I fondly called Dundee.

On the island, there are all kinds of secret hiding places, only six of which are mentioned in the books. Above ground, the Singing Crystal is a gingko tree- lots of rotten- smelling fruit which makes good projectiles when needed for defense.

And then there is Castaway’s Automotive Roving Robot, or CARR for short. Reminiscent of KITT from Knight Rider. Runs on dust in the air. Looks like a giant bullet with wheels and a stellar nuclear reactor jet in the back. CARR can be driven on the roads, burrow into solid rock, fly even into space, float on water, or act as a submarine. Equipped with sonic and laser beams as well as projectiles and flame throwers. Capable of quantum jumping, though I haven’t tried substantial distances, yet. The only fights I’ve ever used CARR in were against my “cousie coo,” Pat, at St. John’s.

Hmm. Fun memories. Thank you for getting me to do this.

11 Likes

Can I please kick their butts?! :angry:

I won’t! I’m joking. It’s okay. :laughing: I’m sorry they did that to you. :people_hugging: :black_heart:

Thank you for taking us on a journey to your island. You paint such a beautiful and vivid picture of it. :sparkles: :black_heart:

8 Likes

Challenge entry

Most of the actual visualisation had been written up before today, but I used this challenge as an opportunity to write some more about it and expand it a little. :black_heart:

I went pretty hard with generating images for it last year, and I loved so many that I just had to share as many as I could. :laughing:

https://forum.spells8.com/t/veil-of-protection-a-meditation-with-the-goddess/49345

8 Likes

They’re not worth it. Thanks for the offer, though.

Your veil meditation is astounding! Thank you for sharing it.

9 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

For this weeks challenge I chose to write a little about my spirit animal. My spirit animal is the butterfly.

Always linked to the positive, the butterfly spirit animal has many characteristics. It represents joy, grace and perseverance. It makes the most beautiful projects and wildest ambitions come true, giving us the courage to face trials and difficulties with optimism, and to overcome them.

When I feel I need protection I will say:

Oh beautiful butterfly spirit
I am need of protection
Please wrap your beautiful wings around me
And protect me from any harm
Be it mind, body or soul
Give me strength and courage
To face an difficulties ahead of me.
Thank you for your strength and protection
Blessed Be

10 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I struggled with this, because I do have a guardian angel and have had all my life. It’s just he’s no angel :flushed: He’s a shapeshifting trickster demon/deity, so can I class him as my guardian angel? He says yes, me :person_shrugging: But I’ll put him here anyways, as I don’t want any mischief from him, so let’s keep him happy. It is just a title anyway so where’s the harm. :partying_face:

Loki. He’s been in the background since I was a kid. This is where it’s weird. I only learnt it was him last year. I know someone was there, but could never identify who. Sometimes he was as beautiful as a guardian angel should be, and, if I’m honest, sometimes he scared me. It was like having an angel/demon (this was before I knew they are actually family, angels and demons that is :grin:).

My first encounter, I was maybe 10. I was home alone, and some older kids were chucking stones at the window. I remember feeling frightened, my parents were at a function out, but had left me phone numbers. I rang the numbers, no answer. Then the phone rang me, it was a neighbour who told me they’d come over, but I should try to call my parents one more time. I did, they answered, and all was well. Who made that neighbour call? He has rescued me many times, long before I knew him. I used to get visions of this angel, but his face was always different.

One thing that has stayed the same, are his pranks with my tech. Though I find it fun, reassuring and useful now, before it spooked me. Here’s a few:

He’s messed with my car lights, and radio making them flick on and off when nothing is wrong with the car, and the engine is off. Even the garage couldn’t explain that one, and my car got named Christine :rofl:
He’s turned my ghetto blaster on when it’s not plugged in and no batteries. We thought it was possessed, so that ended up in the bin.
He’s put books about Magick in my house, crystals, antiques with magical energy all at a time when I was a strict Christian, I never bought them, noone could explain it, they’d just appear. I thought the devil was after me. They too went in the bin. And my grandfather’s wooden tarot box, I’d put it downstairs cuz it spooked me, and I’d wake up next morning and it was by my bedside. Mum denied it was her, she’s not the prankster type, but there it was! :flushed: Lol :rofl: Little did I know, the devil was after me. :flushed::rofl::green_heart:

So my guardian angel/demon is infact a shapeshifting trickster demon devil chaos god. Who’d have thought! But I’m really grateful he stuck around, put up with my madness, my many paths and was patient enough to wait till I finally got here.

Hail Beasty. :green_heart:

10 Likes

Remember a demon is just another word for divine intelligence? So why couldn’t he be your guardian?

Lucifer is popping his head in my brain :brain: now to tell me who to write mine on lol

9 Likes

Just sliding in to say: yes! Guardian angel, guardian spirit, guardian “shapeshifting trickster demon/deity”, all are most welcome in this challenge! :grinning: :+1: (I was hoping you’d explore your bond with Loki as a guardian - this is awesome! Thanks for sharing, Tracy! :heart:)

1 Like