February’s Full Moon is known as the Snow Moon because of the snowy weather in Northern latitudes. As flakes fall from the sky, they float gently down to earth covering it in a soft, white blanket. ❄️
The month of February is a time for cleansing, purification (which began on Imbolc) and the light of a Full Moon allows us to explore and find deeper meanings. Here’s an easy spell for a Snow Moon ritual.
How does this spell work?
- The Snow Moon marks the time when animals begin to come out of rest and hibernation. This Full Moon represents renewal, reanimation and seeing things in a new light.
- Journaling our experiences allows us to keep track of where we are and how we are moving forward in our magickal journey.
- The purple candle is associated with spiritual power, hidden knowledge, and psychic ability.
The best day for this spell is a Saturday but you should cast it any of the three nights when the Moon is Full in February. 🌕
Before you begin, make sure you have set an intention for this ritual. Focus on opening your mind to connect with your Higher Self. You may want to concentrate on a particular aspect of your life, manifesting a specific wish or desire, or simply getting insight and guidance from a Higher Source.
Snow Moon Ritual & Spell (February)
This Full Snow Moon spell includes a simple candle ritual, a journaling page and a guided meditation to bring in renewal, restoration and manifestations.
1 purple candle
Pen or pencil
Journal or your Book of Mirrors
Guided Meditation (optional)
How to cast the spell
- Find a calm, quiet spot where you are comfortable and will not be disturbed by anyone.
- If you can see the Full Moon, look at it. If not, simply visualize it with the eye of your mind. Take three deep breaths to start channeling its energy.
- Light the purple candle as you focus on your intention for this ritual.
- Close your eyes and quiet your mind. Optionally, follow the guided meditation included below ↓
- Think of all the patterns of renewal that occur in your life and keep them in mind as you journal. If necessary use the prompts included.
- Ask the Full Moon for guidance or insight. If you’re working on a specific manifestation, say “Dear Full Moon, Help me manifest my wish.”
- Be open and receptive to any messages. Contact from your Higher Self can come in many different forms. It might be a sense of peace, a jolt of energy, a feeling of knowing, a dream or a vision that provides an answer.
- Never leave candles burning unattended.
- 🖨️ Scroll down to find a printable version of the spell.
Guided Meditation for the Snow Moon
“Imagine that the Universe is generous with you and grants your wish, but at a much higher level. It is even better than anything you could have imagined...”
Journaling Page & Snow Moon Magic Spell
This PDF version comes with a transparent background so you can print it on any kind of paper you want and add it to your own Book of Shadows. Find more printable grimoire pages and more Moon Journaling Ideas.
What’s the Spiritual Meaning of the Snow Moon?
The power of this Full Moon enables us to better connect to ourselves. The Snow Moon is quiet and cold and can help you tap into your intuitive energy. Take advantage of it by channeling the energy and light of the Moon.
The traditional names of each Full Moon were used in farming almanacs. Some of these names came from North American tribes and were adopted by early European settlers. Others can be traced back to Germanic and Anglo-Saxon month names.
The Full Snow Moon gets its name due to the myriad of cold experiences of our ancestors and mostly because of all the snow that falls during this month. February’s Full Moon is also known as the Hunger Moon because of the scarce food sources and hard hunting conditions during mid-winter. Other names for February’s Full Moon are the Storm Moon and Chaste Moon.
Sign in to Spells8 and become part of a new and exciting experience
Discover your Wiccan path