One of the most powerful crystals for spiritual work, Selenite can cleanse and clear other crystals and ward off negative energies. This is a rare crystal that does not need to be cleansed but you can charge it with an intention to assist you in your craft. This guided meditation will help you do just that:
Light a white candle during this meditation
Origin: Selenite is the name of the crystalline form of the mineral gypsum. It is found in a large number of locations, including Mexico, Russia, Morocco, Greece, Poland, Germany, France, England, Australia and the US.
Other names: Satin spar, Desert rose, or Gypsum flower.
Its name comes through Middle English selenite, from Latin selenites, from Greek selēnitēs (lithos). Literally, moonstone or stone of the moon, from selēnē (Moon) and related to Selene, the Moon Goddess. The ancient Greeks had a belief that certain transparent crystals waxed and waned with the moon.
Main uses: Protection, calm, spiritual development.
The Power of Selenite
Used in meditation, or placed on the top of the head, selenite helps during works of change and transformation. It will help you calm your mind and give you mental clarity. It is also used for protection from any form of psychic attack.
Linked to the Moon and the Angelical world, Selenite serves as a guide for the spirit. The vibes that Selenite radiates are more of a spiritual nature rather than a physical one, so it may assist you on your way to spiritual discoveries too.
Physically, Selenite is associated with the spine and the skeletal system. Its healing vibrations facilitate proper alignment of the spine and may help reduce the severity of epilepsy and seizures.
How to use it
- Carrying a selenite stone can help clear your mind of negative thoughts, as it balances and stabilizes emotions.
- Wear a selenite gemstone necklace or earrings to keep the healing, balancing vibrations near you during the day.
- Place a chunk of selenite mineral rock or a selenite wand on your nightstand or desk where you spend most of your time.
Benefits of Selenite ✨
- Brings mental clarity
- Opens and activates the crown chakra
- Gives access to angelic consciousness
- Provides a deep sense of peace
- It is excellent for spiritual work and meditation
- Provides protection in the home and ensures a peaceful atmosphere
- It allows to connect with past lives
- Clears up confusion and misunderstandings
- Help to see the bigger picture
- Protects against epileptic seizures
Printable: Selenite Cleanse + Activate
Related Spells & Meditations
Selenite is a great stone for Mondays, and to work with the energy of the Moon in any kind of ritual.
5-Card Pentagram Spread
This Tarot spread is for a flexible reading that will give you insight into a specific area of your life like career, love, money, or something else.
Clear Quartz Activation
Known as the Master Healer, it provides mental clarity in times of anxiety. This type of quartz can help you enter a state of meditation, calm, and spiritual healing. Wednesday is a day for communication and healing.
Selene’s Courage Chant
The personification of the Moon in Greek Mythology. Light a white candle and chant along to call upon Selene, the Lunar Goddess.