Roses 🌹 have astringent and antibacterial properties. You can use Rose water to maintain the skin’s pH balance and control excess oil. This easy-to-make rose toner helps with redness, dry skin, acne and more.
I keep my rosewater toner in my refrigerator, most of it in a large jar, but also a small squeeze bottle full that I use daily until it needs to be filled again. – Haley
Why this Spell Works
- Rose is a common ingredient in cosmetics. It is known for its gentle anti-inflammatory and healing properties as well as beautiful scent. Rose is used for healing, peace, love, protection and beauty magic.
Rose Water Toner: Potion Recipe
Roses have astringent and antibacterial properties. You can use Rose water to maintain the skin’s pH balance and control excess oil.
- Rinse roses with room temperature water, and then pluck off all petals.
- Place all petals in a large strainer, and rinse well to get rid of any debris.
- Transfer petals to a large pot, pour in enough distilled water to cover them & add a lid. Bring the water to a simmer, stirring occasionally until you notice all the color is sapped out of the petals. (Usually between 30-40 minutes).
- While stirring, watching & enjoying the smell of roses, close your eyes. Center yourself and speak your intention aloud:
“From the bush and tree
Let your magic break free
Fill this potion with healing
Self love, security, happy feelings
Cleanse my skin
Start from within
And wrap me up in lunar light
Heal my skin both day & night”
- After the color is gone (the petals will turn almost-white or yellow in color), remove from heat and use a coffee filter or cheesecloth to strain the petals out.
- Put the rosewater in a jar, and add the vodka as a preservative ingredient.
- To use:
- Wash face with soap/cleanser, rinse well & pay dry.
- Squeeze a little rose water toner on a cotton ball or pad, rub all over your face and let air dry.
- 🖨️Scroll down to find a printable version of this spell
This PDF version comes with a transparent background so you can print it on any kind of paper you want and add it to your own Book of Shadows. Find more printable grimoire pages.
Tap to Pin It!
Related Spells, Potions and Lessons
Add a bit of Magic to your beauty routine and you will notice how you feel more secure when getting ready to go out.
Take a relaxing, fragrant Orange and Herb bath to help attract your intentions and boost self-confidence. This bath works beautifully with fresh mint or basil.
According to Greek mythology, Gaia already existed in the dawn of creation, born of chaos. She was considered the goddess of fertility, mother of all life.
You can use this balm on chapped lips and dry cracked skin. It’s especially good for treating eczema, psoriasis and diaper rash.