Beltane is the Gaelic May Day festival. Most commonly it is held on 1 May, or about halfway between the spring equinox and the summer solstice.
Light 3 green or white candles for this Sabbat celebration
One of the most important holidays among the Celts, Beltane fires announce that summer is coming. Every year on or around April 30th, the resurrection of life is celebrated. The longest days of the year are here.
During this time, the fertility of the Earth reaches its peak, the first small fruits start to appear and the animals are ready to mate. Outdoor rituals include large bonfires, thanking Mother Earth and the Sun, and embracing love and fertility.
When is Beltane?
Neopagans usually celebrate Beltane on April 30th and into May 1st in the Northern Hemisphere and on October 31st and into November 1st in the Southern Hemisphere. Traditionally it begins and ends at sunset.
Book of Shadows Printable Pages
This PDF version comes with a transparent background so you can print it on any kind of printer-friendly parchment paper.
More Ways to Celebrate Beltane 🔥
- Make amulets with rose quartz and give them to your loved ones, friends and family. This is a gift that can help bring happiness and passion, as well as helping reduce anxiety.
- Flowers and vegetation are an important part of Beltane, so you can make wreaths.
- Make daisy chains and flower crowns.
- Wear flowers as part of your outfit.
- You can make a green man mask (representing the God) with leaves.
Sign in to spells8 and become part of a new and exciting experience