A simple calming spell can help you relieve stress and fight anxiety. Follow the instructions below to cast a Wiccan ritual with anti-stress benefits using herbal tea.
Prolonged stress can cause headaches, sore muscles, and other health issues that can lead to problems in job performance, in school, or affect our relationships. An easy spell like this will harness the sedative powers of Hyssop along with a simple visualization to bring inner peace and clarity to the mind and soul.
Why this Spell Works
- Hyssop is a medicinal plant with a pleasant flavor and sedative, digestive, expectorant, antiviral and other healing effects. Traditionally, it was utilized in herbal medicine as an expectorant. Hyssop tea, brewed with the green tops of the herb, was a traditional remedy for upset stomach¹. As well as its physical benefits, hyssop tea can have a positive effect relieving stress and anxiety².
- Visualization techniques are used in psychological therapy to reduce stress and anxiety, getting the body and mind into a deep state of relaxation. Through this technique, one is able to change negative thoughts into positive ones and achieve an optimal state of well-being.
Find a time of the day and place where no one will interrupt or bother you. If you have a blue candle, you can light it during your ritual. Its flame will promote feelings of calm and harmony. Don’t light any incenses. Instead, enjoy the aroma of the relaxing tea.
‘Hyssop Charm’: Magic Anti-Stress Tea SpellDifficulty: Easy
Hyssop tea (1 tea bag or 1 tbsp loose leaves)
1 mug or teacup
1 blue candle (optional)
How to cast the spell
- Heat the water until it starts to boil.
- Meanwhile, turn off all phones or disable notifications. Breathe deeply and relax.
- Add the hyssop tea to your cup and pour the water.
- Light the blue candle if you have one.
- Relax. Use the guided meditation video on this page and slowly drink your tea cup.
- If you are currently taking sedative or sleeping pills, or in treatment for depression or insomnia, you should first ask your doctor to supervise your treatment. Pregnant women, as well as children, should be careful and check with a specialist before drinking this kind of tea.
Other uses of Hyssop
Throughout history, hyssop has been used in many different ways, including for culinary and medicinal purpose. The fresh leaves of this plant can be used in cooking as an herb. The dried leaves are often included in Middle Eastern spice mixtures. It can also be used in the production of certain liquors, such as chartreuse.
Print this Spell Recipe 📄
This PDF version comes with a transparent background so you can print it on any kind of paper you want and add it to your own Book of Shadows. Log in to download it or find free printable grimoire pages.
Tap to Pin it!
Sign in to spells8 and become part of a new and exciting experience
Discover your Wiccan path